1. Could you share a little about yourself and how you got started with photography?
My name is Nicole Hunziker from Switzerland. I work as an accountant with a local auditing company. Photography was a passion since I was 15 years old. In my late teens I forgot about that passion and rediscovered it in 2012 when I first downloaded Instagram.
2. How has photography and Instagram affected your life?
Without a doubt Instagram changed my life. I’ve found 2 very good friends through this fancy little app and I met a lot of interesting people from all over the world. Before I started to use Instagram I was something like a fine weather photographer. These days I love to be outdoors even when the fog is thick or when it rains. The mood can even be much better on a cloudy day, than on a day when there is not a single cloud in the blue sky.
3. Speaking of social media, there are many ways to share your work with your fans and community these days. What platforms do you use, and how do you tailor your marketing strategies to each platform?
I’m a passionate Instagramer. I use Twitter as well, but I’m not a huge fan. If I have time I sometimes use the new app @stellerstories. It’s great to write stories and combine it with my pictures. l will then share it with my community. On the other side I love to read the stories of other people and their impressions from all over the world.
4. Any advice for someone looking to make a living from Instagram?
I’m not yet living from photography. I still need a job with a regular income. I had the chance to earn some extra money through a few campaigns I shot last year though. It was a very cool experience.
5. If you had to pick one thing that has had the most impact on your as a photographer, what would it be?
The moment I started using Instagram! I can say it changed my life in a positive way.